Contact No: 24991291,24990278
In the Field: Acted in more than 150 films across the languages Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam and Hindi. Wrote and produced a few films.
Noted Films: Apoorva Ragangal
6 Muthal 60 Varai
Awards: Tamilnadu state awards for best actor-four times
Padhmavibhushan, the civilian honour of Indian Government.
· Second highest paid actor in Asia (second to Jackie Chan) and popularly accepted as the Superstar in southern languages and respected throughout the nation.
· Rajinikanth was born as Shivaji Rao Gaekwad, to mother Jijabai and father Ramoji Rao Gaikwad, a police constable, on 12 December 1950 in the Indian city of Bangalore in Mysore State, present-day Karnataka.
· He attended the Government Model Primary School at Gavipuram, Bangalore, where he had his primary education in Kannada language.
· Join the Madras Film Institute
· Debut as an actor in the National Film Award–winning Tamil film Apoorva Raagangal (1975), directed by K. Balachander.
· His second film, a Kannada film, Katha Sangama, was directed by Puttanna Kanagal and released in 1976.
· In the following years, he continued to perform a variety of negative roles.
· The 1978 film Bhairavi was the first Tamil film to cast Rajinikanth as a main hero.
· He also got the "superstar" title through the film.
· In 1983, he starred in his first Bollywood film, Andha Kanoon.
· Rajinikanth wrote his first screenplay for the film Valli (1993).
· His film ‘Muthu’ became the first Tamil film to be dubbed into Japanese, as Mutu: Odoru Maharaja.
Post a Comment
Let others know your opinions about this post